The Horlick Company Announces Motor-Generator Set Shipments Made in the First Half of 2020
These selected MG sets are to be used for frequency conversion applications including from 60 Hz to 50 Hz, 50 Hz to 60 Hz and 60 Hz to 400 Hz.
Randolph, MA, July 28, 2020 – The Horlick Company, a manufacturer of motor-generator sets for both frequency conversion and load-isolation, is announcing information regarding a portion of the shipments it made in the first half of 2020. The MG sets were shipped worldwide and they are intended for a variety of applications to include 60-50 Hz, 50-60 Hz and 60-400 Hz frequency conversion. Given either a 50 or 60 Hz input, Horlick motor-generator sets can be designed to deliver an output frequency of 50, 60 or 400 Hz.
A portion of the motor-generators will be used in equipment manufacturing industries such as medical, computer, and cable, while others will be used on military bases, or by company’s who fabricate equipment to support military operations.
Some of the highlights of our shipments are as follows:
- We shipped a Model 50SC-153 MG set to MEL Entrepot Reverchon in Quebec, Canada. MEL purchased its 60-50 Hz motor-generator set through Moteurs Electriques Laval. Laval is a distributor that provides sales and support of electric motors and variable frequency drives throughout Quebec. Laval has been representing and selling Horlick motor-generator sets in Canada for the past 25 years.
- A Model 60SH-703 motor-generator set was shipped to the Royal Air Force Station at Lakenheath, England. RAF Lakenheath hosts United States Air Force units and personnel. This is the first of (6) shipments that will be deployed to foreign air bases throughout Europe in 2020 and 2021. These European air bases operate U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified radars known as the Digital Airport Surveillance Radar (DASR). The DASRs are used to manage aircraft in the local vicinity. The DASRs operate on 60 Hz power. The Horlick motor-generator sets will be converting the 50 Hz host country power to 60 Hz to run the DASRs. All of the motor-generator sets will be mounted in custom, NEMA 3R, weather-resistant enclosures.
- Philips Medical Systems in Latham, NY took delivery of a Model 50SC-1003 motor-generator set. This represents the fifth motor-generator set shipped to Philips in the past 3 years. Like the first (4) MG sets, this motor-generator was purchased and installed by ARCON Construction and Management Services out of Albany, NY.
- We shipped a Model 400SC-403 motor-generator set to Specialty Cable Corporation. The 60-400 Hz motor-generator set was mounted in a custom, sound-reducing enclosure. Specialty Cable, located in Wallingford, CT, engineers and manufactures high quality and reliable wire and cable products. SCC cables are used in military, medical, industrial & energy, and heater and heating industries just to name a few.
- Another Model 400SC-403 motor-generator set was shipped in the first half. The second one went to Breeze Eastern in Whippany, NJ. Breeze Eastern designs and manufactures rescue hoists, winches, cargo hooks and weapons handling systems used in military missions. Our 60-400 Hz motor-generator set was mounted in a custom, sound-reducing enclosure. This is the second Horlick MG set that is installed in their facility to provide 400 Hz power for their testing.
- In April, we expedited the shipment of a Model 50SC-401 motor-generator set to Nidek Medical in Birmingham, AL. This represented a duplicate of an MG set that we shipped to them in 2016. Nidek Medical designs and manufactures high quality, low maintenance oxygen concentrators fit for any environment. Our 60-50 Hz MG set will be used to test their products prior to overseas shipping. Nidek saw a surge for their products after the outbreak of COVID-19. We expedited our shipment to them in order for them to meet emergency requests they had for their products.
- Duplicating an order we completed in 2005, we shipped a Model 50SC-1003 motor-generator set to Dell Technologies / EMC located in Hopkinton, MA. The MG set was purchased and installed by Wayne J. Griffin, an electrical contractor who services New England.
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is the largest US Department of Energy science and energy laboratory. They conduct basic and applied research to deliver transformative solutions to compelling problems in energy and security. We collaborated with them on a project and manufactured (3) BVL-163 motor-generator sets for them. The BVL units are variable frequency MG sets and they were placed in custom, sound-reducing enclosures to provide noise reduction. The MG sets will be used as a part of a microgrid test bed that is being constructed.
The Horlick Company is a worldwide leading supplier of motor-generator sets to be used for both frequency conversion and load-isolation. Horlick motor-generator sets deliver a clean source of electrical power that is utilized in the defense, manufacturing and technology industries.
The Horlick Company also designs and manufactures industrial control panels for motor and process control applications. Specialties include the fabrication of PLC-based systems complete with Operator Interface Terminals (OITs).
For more information on Horlick’s motor-generator sets, control panels and engineering expertise please visit http://horlick.com